CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What a week

Starting Monday, I get a call from Cam's school. Never mind I was just there registering him on Friday. Well, he now has to go to a new school based on zoning. I was upset about it at first.

Pros:
  • Maybe now he'll meet some kids from our phase/neighborhood. All his friends live in different phases in our neighborhood but none close enough to walk.
  • New school is within walking distance, both schools are less than a mile but old school was too dangerous to walk to as it sits on the main street.
  • New school is only a year old and bigger. (Something told me to switch him last year)
  • New school was recognized as Exemplary by the state for the TAKS (same as old one)
  • New school has computer and art camps during the summer.
  • Counselor is a lot nicer and younger than the old school counselor, but I'm not feeling the registrar lady. (She don't won't no problems!)

Cons:

  • Old school didn't tell me when I was there Friday, so I had to register all over again on Monday at the new school.
  • He only has 2 more years in elementary school and now he has to be the "new" kid all over again.
  • I had to return 4 shirts and 2 pair of shorts that my mom bought because they don't fit the new school dress code. (UGH!)
  • I basically bought all uniforms cause that's really what they want them to wear. They can't wear t-shirts at all except of course the school t-shirt, but only on designated days. No cargo pants but they can wear carpenters. What's the difference!
  • I had already purchased all his school supplies in late June/July only to find out the new schools supply list is way different and alot shorter. I'm not buying anything else!

Above all, he is excited and ready to go. So that makes me feel a whole lot better. According to him he already knows a few kids that attend so thats good.

On Tuesday I ran errands all day.

First up, Walmart, to exchange school clothes for uniforms. Now I like Walmart but they get an F in the customer service department. Why do all the cashiers act like you MADE them work for Walmart. You don't like your job, get a new one! I asked this lady which aisle was the parmesan cheese on and she told me the aisle with the pickles! Oookay.. No matter which Walmart I go into, the customer service always stink. Not all cashiers are attitudish, but alot of them are.

Then I went to Armstrong McCalls. A place where only licensed cosmetologists can shop. There is one close to where I live but it's alot smaller than the one by the school I attended, so I made the drive over there. Everytime I go in there they have a hard time finding my name. This time I was attitudish cause I was just in there a few weeks before. I almost felt bad because the cashier was so nice, but dang how hard is it to find one's name. So I got what I needed from there and on to the next stop.

Best buy: WHY ARE THEY SO FREAKIN EXPENSIVE! I was checking prices of ear pieces for husband and I. The cheapest one was 59.99. That they had in stock. Then I couldn't get a worker to help. Usually they hound you from every angle asking if you need help. So I ended up leaving without a purchase and probably won't be back to that location.

Dollar Tree: I initially stopped in here at the recommendation of my mom and because the only thing I considered buying from the new school's supply list is the multiplication flash cards. Well I found them here. I got the multiplication, subtraction and the division and they are spiderman, so that should be fun. I had also been looking for foam hand sanitizer and I found it of all places at Dollar Tree, so I got two, cause it'll be my luck I go back and they sold out or discontinued.

Kwik Kar: at the request of my husband. Wasn't so bad. They were done within 15 minutes. I got a $6 car wash for $3. And I was on my merry way.

All that in one day. Made me tired just to type it all out. And I had the nerve to stay up til 1 in the morning cleaning my office and organizing my scrapbook supplies. I'm a little rusty since I hadn't scrapped since school started last September. I missed it alot.

Today: I only left the house to drop off/pick up Cam from daycare. After I dropped him off, I came home and slept another 4 hours. Got up, scrapbooked the rest of the afternoon. I finally started my cosmetology school album and a few pages from my Chicago trip back in Mar. I need a few supplies to complete each album. Hopefully I can pick them up this week. I have my eye on a 3m atg 700 tape dispenser cause I'm tired of running out of adhesive after 2 or 3 layouts. That's alot of money.

Whew that's my week so far and there is still 2 days left in the week. Sat. we were invited to a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese by a little boy that was at Cam's party. So we need to get a gift for him. And I have the pleasure of taking Cam alone since the husband has to work. Fun,Fun,Fun. lol

Well that's all I got for now.

1 comment:

  1. I think the same thing!!! about costumer service...... People act like you said like you made them work there. people like that should not work with people!! if i feel like the cashier or phone clerk or anyone that i come in contact with that i feel is repeatedly rude i tell them maybe they should find a nother job.... I never do it the first time just because everyone has bad days.... anyways i love your pink blog!!!

    ReplyDelete